Sunday, November 26, 2006

For all of this, my soul is eternally grateful



Photo, View from the Deck
Thanksgiving day, 2006.


It is only when I actually start to list exactly those things for which I am thankful that I realize that every aspect of my life is a blessing !

I don't know exactly when my prayers took the form of thanks but it happened some years ago.

My daily prayers begin with an all-inclusive thanks for my blessings followed by requests for the beneficience of the universe for my friends and family.

I have so much to be thankful for. Without conscious thought, it is difficult to appreciate what I have always had.

I try to imagine being without.

I have a roof over my head.
I know where my next meal is coming from.
I have a career not a job.
I have great friends.
I have a great family.
I live in a beautiful place.
I work in well-kept garden.
I live in a great country.
My neighbors and colleagues constantly strive for civility and diversity.

We are beyond the worries of mere subsistance.
By world standards, we are rich.
We are able to make regular and steady contributions to the greater good.
We have at least ten diverse religions in my communitiy.
We do not harbor grudges against each other.
We do not war against each other or our next door neighbors.
We do not foster hate.

For all of this and more . . .
my heart and soul are eternally grateful.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home